Promoting literacy is a core goal of the Friends of the Queen Anne’s County Library. With that in mind, the Friends, working in collaboration with the Queen Anne’s County Public Schools established the Reading Pro award. This award acknowledged a 4th or 5th grade student at each of the six county elementary schools who demonstrated significant achievement in reading and language arts.
“It is wonderful to see students recognized for their hard work and considerable growth in reading,” said Karen Hipps, Reading Specialist at Bayside Elementary School. “Although being able to read a good book is a reward in itself, the Reading Pro Award gives recognition for all their effort during the school year.”
The recipients of the Friends of Queen Anne’s County Library Reading Pro award for 2017 are the following:
- Bayside Elementary: Alisson Gonzalez Ramon
- Church Hill Elementary: Hunter Saego
- Grasonville Elementary: Justin Turner
- Kennard Elementary: Marcus Carter
- Matapeake Elementary: Dylan Rogers
- Sudlersville Elementary: Joseph Gavigan
Each recipient received a certificate and a Barnes & Noble gift card, compliments of the Friends of the Library.